10 January 2011

PokerStars Limit Holdem

I missed a few blog days, but rather than go over my minuscule wins [and bad day Friday], I'll state what happened today and hopefully start hitting the blog each day from here.

Today I four-tabled PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 limit fullring. I also threw in a $0.25/90. I was down to two tables when I busted the SnG, I'd taken a big hit when I ran AJ on a J high flop into a limped KK. I managed, however, to build the stack back up through a pair of bad players who paid my shoves off. Finished 17th. On Full Tilt that would have been a cash, but Stars pays 12, so I missed the money. Not too worried. Unlike last year, I'm so far running positive on Stars.

Anyway back to the cash games. I started very slowly with one table working decent and basically keeping me even. The play at this limit is horrid. Before I knew it I was down about a buy-in [$10]. People chasing gutshots and other assorted mayhem. I dunno. Perhaps it's too much to expect someone to drop 3rd pair after the two people in front bet and raise.....

So I finished after nearly 15 table hours up $25.50 [minus the $0.25 SnG]. That's a bit more than 3 BB/100 on the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I started very slowly cash games with one table working decent and basically keeping me even.