09 December 2010

Run-of-the-Mill Results

I'm back from Tunica, and.....

I'm not running well. Part of it is my fault. I'm losing focus and sometimes not making the right decisions. Other times I'm just getting it in good and getting squashed. Today I missed draws and flips [except the last one which won me my 5th bounty in a $4.10 STT at Stars plus the 1st place prize. Over pairs losing to under pairs. Three outers after raising preflop. Maybe it's just me, but way too many people think A-rag is the nuts preflop. Lost KK , QQ and JJ to A-rag today. So what did I play today?

Started with the Daily Ninety Grand [DNG] $1R satellite on Stars as well as a generic $1 MTT on Full Tilt. Add to this three $1/90 KOs and three $4.10 one table KO SnGs at Stars as well as four $1/90s and a $2 "On Demand" SnG/MTT hybrid.

Overall lost $13.61 for a -38.50 ROI. I can't keep running like this. I need to play volume, but when in a rut, volume is kicking my ass. I may need to play some cash for a few weeks. Of course, most of my loss came from going rebuy crazy in the DNG satellite. I think I should only play this once a week and only for a rebuy and the add-on. If I get knocked out before rebuy period is over, so be it. I think that will keep the costs down while allowing for a T$ win. When I won a seat a few weeks back, I was in for $3.10. Since, I have dumped $11.10 twice.

I hate the "On Demand" hybrids. Basically they start out as 45-man SnGs. When they fill up to 45 players they then show up on the MTT menu. Dumb crap, if you ask me. If I wanted to play a $2 MTT, I'd sign up for a $2 MTT. Give me back my $2/180s. I want to play 180s, not a bunch of 400 runner MTTs.

I'll be working on a Tunica trip report. My plan had been to blog every day, but between tiring drive times and then hanging with the guys in Tunica, I just didn't get around to it. Stay posted.

No comments: