28 February 2006

What a Great Day

I played in two stints today. I had a craving for hotdogs today, so broke my day up when I went on a Polish Dog run. Started at PokerStars and UB. After lunch, I played again at UB, but switched up to some NL at Holdem Poker.

PokerStars was yet again average at best. Perhaps it is the players, or the site. Some sites that others hate, I love and have good results at. It's just quirky. I managed $0.41 in little over an hour. I added PokerStars after settling in at UB for a little over an hour.

UB came in two shifts. Before lunch I played 2.5 hours and ran well. Up $3.70 [plus $0.34 bonus]. AA and KK paid off big. After lunch, and I didn't think it could get better, it did. Funny thing is, I had JJ, flop came 995. Small bet into the pot, I called thinking I might still have the best hand. J on turn. Another small bet, and I made a pot sized bet. 9 on river, I lost a buy-in to K9o. I was amazed that she made a $0.02 bet into a $0.28 pot with trip 9s and a K kicker. One outer....yuck! Anyway, I still finished up my afternoon session up $5.45 plus the $0.83 bonus I cleared. $10.32 at $0.01/$0.01. Fantastic.

In the afternoon session, I filled the PokerStars slot with Holdem Poker. Playing their lowest limit, $0.05/$0.10. I bought in for $4. I finished at $9.65. Very happy. I was trying to see how feasible it was to clear bonus points here. Not too good. I will need to clear my $100 bonus here at $1/$2 limit like I did Pokerroom last month.

Observation:

I think this system I am using has a lot of merit to it. Not necessarily the all or nothing AA, KK, QQ, AK part, but rather the 40% buy-in, table change once I double up routine. Granted, not buying in at maximum does have it's disadvantage of not maximizing double up potential. However, I think this is remedied by not losing a lot when your hand isn't the best. Moving tables helps disguise your play style. Overall, I think it is safer, but will ultimately mean that you won't maximize your profit if you employ this type of system.

No comments: