26 February 2006

Things looking up a bit

On Friday, I couldn't manage to find a £1/£2 table to finish up my bonus chase at TotalBet. So I concentrated on playing just NL micros at UB and Stars. At PokerStars, I started off ridiculously horrid. I started with JJ in the SB, and lost to QT, when they hit a Q on the turn, despite me being all-in on the flop. Then with an unraised BB of 64o, I flopped 532 rainbow. I went all-in and was called by J4 of spades who managed to hit running spades for the flush. I rebought. A few hands later I get AA, and lose all-in preflop against AJo when the flop comes JJ2. This is almost the same flop that buried my KK the day before. Less than a half hour in, I'm down three buy-ins. I decide to two-table PokerStars. I manage to recoup all of my losses except $0.21. I was very happy with this result. At UB, I flounder on two tables. Never quite gaining any momentum that will see me ahead by much....until just before I was getting ready to leave. I hit KK for a set and left UB up $2.30 plus $0.41 in bonus. Nice finish.

Saturday, I was very lazy. My wife and I basically did nothing but watch TV and lounge. What a great relaxation day. After dinner, bored with TV, I ventured online to Party Poker. I had emptied this account about four weeks ago, minus about $8 which I lost in thinterimim. So I ventured to a $1250 Guaranteed Freeroll. Top prize was $262 and some change. 753 players played. I did pretty well throughout. Hitting quads twice, a few fullhouses, and other hands, I was at about 13K in tourney chips, when I started going card dead. With the blinds at 800/1600 [with antes at 50], I got dealt AK. I went all-in and was called by the table idiot who called off half his stack with a 66. No K, no A and I was out in 53rd. I have come to expect donkey play at freerolls, and since I wasn't out anything but 250 Party Points, it wasn't a big deal. Still, I would have liked to refund Party for free.

So far today, I finished up the TotalBet chase. Cleared my £25 bonus, up £6.75 for the day. All that time, and I managed to only increase my TotalBet bankroll by £1.15. Uggh. Ah well, I'll get them next time!

No comments: