24 February 2006

Where to start? Another ugly day of fixed limit at TotalBet. I can really see why people like NL over fixed. You absolutely cannot shake a bad player off of a hand. When you are experiencing average results, both on your end and the poor player's end, it's like taking candy from a baby. You'll simply take all of a bad player's money in the longrun. It is when you are running poorly, missing draws, missing flops, or when the bad players run well, hitting gutshots, hitting set on pairs smaller than the board on the turn or river, or the omnipresent runner runner flushes, that you really have a horrid time of it. And it can affect you mentally. Unless you realize that it happens to everyone. In NL, you can mask this because you can convince a bad player to lay down that hand by betting big. Unless they are truly bad.

TotalBet saw me playing two sessions. One at 1/2, that I was running poorly on, and then the only table collapsed. I managed to clear only 11.25 raked hands, and was down 23.50 in less than an hour. I then dropped to .50/1 and made a whopping .40. All of this in British Pounds Sterling. But I cleared 24.5 more raked hands, and I am within 50 raked hands of clearing the bonus. I'll finish it up either this weekend or Monday.

Despite a big early win with a set of tens that morphed into a fullhouse, I got hammered a few times. KK fell to AJ, when the flop came JJx. 99 hit a set, and lost to a straight. ATo in the SB managed to lose despite the ATx flop, when AJ hit his J on the river. I still managed a small $0.53 win.

I had my first losing session at UB today. Most everything I played got beaten badly. A9o from the BB flopped A99, and I lost to KK when he hit a K on the river. No way I could get away from that hand. AQo managed to connect and double me up, but in the end I lost $1.50. This was mitigated by $0.56 in bonus clearing, so overall, despite being down in my NL ventures today, only really lost $0.41 today.

No comments: