05 March 2006

Been a few days / Dropped Quest

I dropped the quest last week. Not because of bad results [I was actually doing quite well[, but I got bored awaiting hands, and my profit margins were going down. Although I was winning around $3-5 daily at $0.01/$0.02 NL, I am used to winning much more at fixed limit. I am convinced that this quest will work, but I don't have the patience for it right now. Perhaps I will restart in the future.

Will Hill: I moved over to fixed limit on Wednesday in an effort to clear their monthly bonus of £25. They are the last Crypto, which allows Americans, that pays £5/hour tmaximumum of 5 hours. I ran absolutely horrid. I lost $75.92, while, after conversion, I made $43.51 in bonus.

PokerPlex: I moved here to start my slog through this monthly bonus. Criteria is 250 raked hands, where you get credit for a hand if it is raked $1, or credit for 4th of a hand if it gets raked $0.25 to $0.99. I decided on NL25 and played for an hour, finishing up $2.50, and making about 5 raked hands total. On Friday, I played 12 table hours [4 hours at 3 tables], winning a little less than $15. Not bad, and I managed to clear another 84 raked hands, putting me at 89 total. Today, playing three tables for 9.7 table hours, I finished up $33, and garnered another 67.5 raked hands. So I stand at 156.5 raked hands. I figure I will play here tomorrow and finish my monthly, then collate my bonus chase info, and see what the overall results are.

UB/PokerStars: I went back to both sites on Thursday, losing a little at each. UB crashed. They have been plagued by a number of problems since their latest updates, but I managed to cash out $800, and got it in two days. I will venture back there in a week, There problems should be sorted out by then.

I am finding NL very rewarding. I cannot believe how easy it is to win money here. I have seen people literally bluff off their whole stacks, or make calls with the worst draws imaginable. I realize that these results at the microlimits of NL don't occur as often at higher limits, but I feel confident that once I progress to those higher buy-ins, that I will be well prepared for the task. I also know that I will never leave my fixed limit roots. Once I start feeling some comfort in NL, I imagine myself giving equal time in both genres.

No comments: