26 March 2006

An Ugly Week

NL isn't treating me well lately. I don't know if it me relaxing some of my playing standards or if I am just continually running into better hands and bad beats. I do know this: I had a lot of KK and QQ go up against AA. Also, it appears that a lot of dominated hands were beating me.

Bonuses

  • Pokerroom. I reloaded for $100 bonus here, and did a litlle NL25 spot play. Lost $38.85.
  • Holdem Poker. Reloaded for another $100 bonus. I lost $131 here finishing off my original $100 sign-up bonus. I now have $175 in bonuses stacked here. I'll give them a rest this week.
  • I will be loading Ultimate Bet again this week. They rolled yet another 100% up to $500 reload bonus. I managed to clear a little more than $28, while running horribly and losing $82.
  • I have TotalBet, my last Cryptologic monthly, to clear this week. It should take a few days of two or three tabling to accomplish. I need to make sure it is done by noon on Friday.

Did I mention I was running poorly? I saved a screen shot [which I won't post because it would be unfair to my table opponents], where I have 85 offsuit on all three tables.

I have managed to do pretty well in Sit and Go's [SnGs] lately, raising my ROI from 18% to 40%. For those who don't know, ROI stands for return on investment. It gives an indication of how well you are playing multi-table tournaments[MTTs] and SnGs. I track each in separate spreadsheets. You find your ROI by using the following formula:

(Money won - cost to enter) divided by cost to enter. So, for example, if you bought in for $5.50 in an SnG, placed 3rd and made $10, your ROI would be 81.82%. Obviously, single wins, while important, don't mean much to your ROI. It is over the longhaul that your ROI is relevant because it tells you whether you are a longterm winner. Last year my SnG ROI was -18%. I'm working on improve that this year. By contrast, I had a 1.21% ROI in MTTs. I need to work on improving this also.

Finally, I think I will be travelling back to limit holdem for a while. I need to keep it fresh. I think I will stick to NL at UB, but these other bonuses I have stacked up at various sites need to be tackled in fixed limit. They work off much faster there.

No comments: