13 November 2010

Saturdays Suck

So far, through five 90s and a 180 I've managed a 16th and 14th as well as one bounty in the two KOs. Down about 1/3 of my total buy-ins. Of course, these are $1 and $2 SnGs, so par for the course. Theme so far today is running decent hands into donkeys who are calling my pushes with the top percentage of their call ranges. Like pushing AJs and them waking up with QQ. Of course, there is the omnipresence of me pushing AT and that loose 50/25 player UtG who limped calling me with QQ. The final straw was in the $2 180 at Full Tilt. I have 9 BBs in the BB with KK and loose aggro player on button pushes his 40BB stack with A2o. Flop comes 34J, 2 turn......

Second and final set of the day. Played four $1 45-man SnGs. Two Stars and two Full Tilt. First of each went awry quickly. AJ < AK then an all-in of A6s running into AK on Stars. Pocket Js went down to AT on Tilt. Second batch was better. I nailed big hands on both sites. AA on each as well as KK and JJ. Ended up on final tables. Got in the money on both. Overall a mere $0.80 profit on second set.

Down a whopping $0.18. I can live with that. If that is a down day for me, so be it. Slowly grinding. All about volume.

Damn Cal came close to knocking off Oregon.

No comments: