21 November 2010

Saturday's Still Suck

Jiminy, I need to stop playing on Saturday. I think it's the one day when bad players all come together to play on my tables. Oh, sure, we want bad players, but I think there is a threshold where x-number of bad players make poker -EV for even the best players. Think about it this way. If you are constantly raising and getting 3-4 callers, even your best hands are going to get beat regularly. Say you raise from UtG with AcAs and get 4-callers. Not a bad situation. So the flop comes AhKd3d. Great. You've flopped top set, so you make a 1/2 to pot sized bet. Two of the 4 callers fold. 5h comes on the turn. Big Blind bets out. How comfortable do you feel? You raise or call and other guy calls also. Td on the turn. 3-way all-in and your AA just lost to 42 off, which in turn just lost to 8d4d. Happens way too often. And twice on Saturdays. Bleh.

Played 8 SnGs and two MTTs on Saturday. Made no KOs, missed the money horribly in all of the SnGs. Did manage to finish 52nd out of 613 in a $1.10 Deepstack $400 guarantee on UB. For $1.90. I got bad beat. No way around it. I had ATo in the BB. Folds to button who limps, while small blind completed. Button was new to the table, while small blind was a drooling donkey who never played a hand he wanted to raise with [Well it felt this way since his preflop raise percentage through 125 hands was 0%]. I thought about raising, but with an unknown button decided to see the cheap flop. I had 30K [about 16BBs], the others had me covered. Flop comes KQJ rainbow. Beauty. SB bets out, I raise, button folds, SB pushes I call. He has QJ. He nailed his four-outer on the river. Of course he did. It's Saturday.

Lost $29.60. ROI staggering -93.97%

I need to stop playing Saturdays. Or, more honestly, play back down to my roll and stop with the $4/180s and the FTP $8.80 180-max MTTs until I'm rolled for them. I also might need to step away for a few days. Not that I'm playing bad, but my frame of mind is getting affected by the losses recently.

At least I won't be playing today. It's my turn to be the Dorkmaster in my D&D game. Boy I sure hope I don't take it out on my friend's characters....mwuhahahahahahhahaha

No comments: