16 November 2010

CIV 5 and Poker Don't Mix

Got a quick start this morning and played a Stars $1 90-man KO, a $1 90-man on FTP as well as the 13:45PM EST $2 Cashout on FTP. Never got anything going on either SnG, but did manage 27th in the cashout for $3,88. LMAO. I could have finished for more money if I cashed out my 7500 chips after reaching final 45. Woulda been around $7.50. :) No worries, I cashed.

Had a conversation a few days ago with friends who are playing CIV 5. With my latest spate of poker, I've pretty much shelved CIV5 for the time being simply because it sucks up a lot of resources and if I play it, I can't do anything else. Not so! During one of the breaks I found out through Google that there is a toggle in-game to switch from fullscreen to a window. Since I have two monitors, I set up the resolution to fit the second, somewhat smaller monitor. Away we go.

I played CIV5 for about 3 hours while I loaded up my Holdem Manager, and my usual run of four Stars/FTP 90 and 180s. Well I bombed in all four but did come close in the $2 90 finishing 14th [12 pay] after A9 lost to QT on the river.

I never built a stack in any which is extremely uncommon when I open four together. I actually timed out on QQ early in one which made me very upset as I was in the middle of decimating a Barbarian tribe with my Japanese pikemen. It saved me from busting early as flop came KJJ and one player had AK while the other had AJ. Bleh.

Needless to say, a game like CIV5 is way too distracting to have open and play while trying to play poker. So I'll save a bit of time each day for CIV5. Maybe play a session of SnGs, break for lunch and play some CIV5, then back to another SnG session.

Lost $7.52. That's -64.55% ROI for the six SnGs and the Cashout MTT.

On the plus side, my Japanese Empire has its own continent that it shares with the City-state of Florence. And they love me. :)

No comments: