28 November 2010

Kingman Arizona

It's Sunday and I've headed out to an unofficial ITH poker weekend meet-up in Tunica, Mississippi. I like to drive so that is what I am doing. I usually drive during the summer when the weather conditions are better, but since I didn't this year, I'm doing it now. Left at 5AM California time and was in Kingman at 5:30 Mountain. Not bad considering traffic was a bit dicey going down I-5 to Bakersfield. Stopped in Bakersfield for a Schlotzsky's Original sandwich, something I got hooked on in Texas at Fort Hood. We don't have one anywhere near us. They used to have a pair of them in Reno, so since I go there a few times a year, I always sated my appetite for them. The closest now is Bakersfield. Yeah, that's my eyes bulging out. Told myself whenever I drive to Vegas, that was going to be my stop. Well, no Vegas, but since I was passing through.....

Just finished dinner...Arby's. Another place I have to drive some distance to get at. Don't know if I will be playing poker tonight. The early start and the time change, plus long stretch has me tired. I also have to get up and do a few hours work tomorrow before heading out for my destination.

I'll see you then. If I do play, I'll add it to tomorrow's post.

No comments: