06 June 2006

I'll Try To Keep This Short


I really wish I had more time in the day to keep this up-to-date. Between my new part-time job and playing poker, the recently completed WiFCON, trying to get into the gym daily and everyday chores and family commitments, it's hard to maintain a blog. But, not being a quitter, I really am going to try to update my blog at least 5 times a week. If I can keep my posts down to smaller sized jam-packed posts, I will be able to fit it in. This post will probably be longer than I really want, but I want to keep everyone up-to-date!

I got back from WiFCON West on Sunday the 28th, right before Memorial Day. WiFCON stands for World in Flames CONvention. World in Flames, for my non-wargaming readers, is a WWII Strategic wargame. Encompassing the entire world and war, it is truly a game that plays out like a labor of love. Anyway, I placed second at the Con, with my teammate winning first. Two things I learned there [and you non-wargaming poker players can skip this part!]:

  • Only those units at sea that were committed to the last round of naval combat need to abort when the owning side voluntarily aborts.
  • Self-propelled artillery always has it's printed combat value, unless it is out of supply.

OK, poker players, you can turn your attention back! I missed poker for those 11 days I was away. And with my new part-time occupation, I'm having to squeeze it into the time I have allotted. Here's a quick rundown of my results since I have been back:

  • Monday, May 29th. -$2.00, Paradise Poker.
  • Tuesday, May 30th, -$25.31, William Hill. This despite making £25.00 for my monthly bonus.
  • Wednesday, May 31st, -$48.75. Lost $1.95 at Absolute; lost $22.50 at Full Tilt; lost $24.30 at PokerStars.

How's that for a crappy return to poker?

  • Thursday, June 1st, +$35.82. Lost $3.55 at Gaming Club; lost $10.00 at Paradise [tournament]; lost $4.23 at Sun Poker; won $53.60 at Pokerroom. Looking better!
  • Friday, June 2nd, won +83.37. Won $3.67 at PokerPlex; won $79.70 at Pokerroom. Nice back-to-back wins at Pokerroom. I reloaded on the 1st, with only $177 in the pokersite, and have managed to give myself enough of a leeway, that I don't have to keep the reload money there.
  • Monday, June 5th, won +$66.85. Won $35.75 at PokerPlex; lost $15.60 at Pokerroom; won $10.25 at Sun Poker; won $36.45 at Ultimate Bet.
  • Today, Tuesday, June 6th, lost -$76.72. Most of it, $79.37 at PokerPlex; won $2.65 at Pokerroom. Overall, a horrendous day. Kept getting sucked out by some extremely poor players. I welcome them at my tables, everyday!

Is that short enough for you? Hopefully, I will see you at the tables. Oh, and by the way, I ran into chillrob from ITH today. Not sure if he knows who I am though! Shhh! Keep it between you and me! ;)

No comments: