07 August 2006

Sunday: What a weird day

I didn't start playing poker until late afternoon. I decided on a £2+£0.25 MTT at William Hill Poker that had 206 players. This figured out to be $4.30. I was doing quite well, getting aggressive at the right times, winning some hands. Ultimately I lost a confrontation with JJ getting called by AK, and I was out in 23rd place. This was good enough to arrive in the money. However, for some inexplicable reason, the final payoff spots [21-30] only paid £2.06! I've seen satellites that have paid whatever was leftover from their awarded seats that had less than the buy-in, but this is just plain idiotic for a regular cash tournament to pay out less than the buy-in at the lowest payout tier. Unreal. So, despite finishing in the money, I lost $0.37

Following this, I decided on a $5+$0.50 HORSE SnG, and didn't fare too well. I missed the change from Razz to 7-Stud High and chased a great low of A234 on a Stud High game and lost my stack. I felt like a donkey.

Sunday's results: -$5.87

No comments: